30.7.10

{f} fashion: sseko sandals


"I like to dream. So I went to learn. To understand. To be changed. To break. And to grow" ~ Liz

Remember I did a post about {musana} from Uganda? Well I found another non-profit community in Uganda that I also love and its called {sseko}. "Sseko /say-ko/ Designs was created to help these bright young women [in Uganda] to continue their education. These women will not make sandals forever. They will go on to be doctors, lawyers, politicians, writers and teachers that will bring change and unification to a country divided and ravished by a 22 year-long war.... every sandal has a story. This story has only just begun, but with your help, it will be a story of hope, success and change. "

Liz who is the founder of Sseko said something that touched my heart, read her {story}! Thanks for all that you do to make the world a better place Liz.

PS. To all California Bloggers Sseko will be taking a roadtrip through Santa Barbara on October 9th to October 14th 2010 and Orange County on October 14th to 20th 2010! I think we should all get together and help support Sseko! Let me know if you're interested and want to help! We can bring friends and family!

all images from ssekodesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails