27.4.10

{t} women from the old testament






I was asked to participate for a research study class for Camille Fronk's new book "Women of the old Testament" in 2005 at BYU. Camille Fronk Olson is a professor of ancient scripture at BYU. She has traveled to Israel and Egypt many times to explore the history of the ancient prophets. She is an amazing woman who inspires many people with her gospel studies. When my mom gave me this book last Easter I was surprised to see my name listed on one of the opening pages. What a pleasure it was for me to be apart of this amazing book. There are many beautiful paintings of the women from the old testament in this book who are great examples of righteousness. Each student in the class had one woman to study and learn about. I was chosen to study Sarah. What I learned from Sarah is she had such great courage whenever she felt discouraged. She was also a big support to Abraham, her husband, who was the prophet during those ancient times. I've learned so much from this book and I really recommend it to those who are interested on learning more about the women from the old testament.

"We live in a day when scriptures are readily available and when we can regularly read or hear the counsel of prophets, seers, and revelators. These tremendous opportunities do not signal that we need Christ less than did the women in ancient days. We need Him every bit as much as they did. One day we will have an opportunity to meet these women. They are ordinary women who made extraordinary contributions despite their challenges and foibles-because of the grace of the Lord. They are waiting to teach us that we, as ordinary individuals, can also do extraordinary things to make the world a better place and bring people to Christ when we follow their examples by turning our lives over to Him. " ~Camille Fronk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails