24.6.10

{th} ace hotel mural



Timothy Goodman is a multidisciplinary designer based in NYC. He did a wall mural created for Ace Hotel and I find it really interesting. Goodman says, "I hand drew 99 picture frames to create a dense wall of “discovery” about NYC that could be passed to the common tourist staying in the room. Each frame contains a different fact / love / tidbit / thing of interest / or shout-out to a place I dig in the city. At roughly 120 square feet, the art was drawn imprecisely to capture the spontaneity and grit of the city. I used paint markers and opaque black paint to help this technique excel. Consequently, it became a labor of love, an act of obsessiveness that was pleasantly grueling." Check out his site {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails